i nearly cancelled my plans to make this. why? because the robot was not paying attention when i told her to prepare stuff for this recipe. all she heard was the word 'ayam' and assumed that i wanted to make sup ayam or chicken soup.
but, since some of the items needed for this is similar to chicken soup, i decided to go ahead with it.
all i can say about this recipe is that, it needed the extra 'kick' for the umph! factor...mendelah yang aku cakap ni. soooo...we made sambal kicap. which is pounded bird chillies, garlic and then mixed with soya sauce and some lime juice. then, it became sedap! :-)
now, onto the recipe, shall we?
1 packet of mihun or rice vermicelli (soak in warm water till soft then you can either boil in water for 2-3 minutes then drain, or just soak till it's soft enough to be used)
200g chicken, cut into small pieces
100g cabbage, sliced
1 small carrot, sliced thinly
1 tsp freshly ground black peppper
2 liters of water
2 tbs cooking oil
1 stalk each of chinese celery and spring onions, cut
50g fried shallots, bawang goreng
salt to taste
item (b) things to saute
3 shallots, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
2" ginger, sliced
1 cinnamon stick
2 star anise
2 cardamom seed
the how to:
1) heat oil in wok and saute (b) till fragrant.
2) add in chicken and carrots. stir.
3) next, add in the cabbage, water, salt and pepper. let it simmer til it starts to boil.
4) once it starts to boil, you can pour the soup into the bowl with the vermicelli.
5) you can then garnish with some fried shallots, the chinese celery and spring onions.
6) bon appetite!
recipe source: 1 hari 1 resipi