or sweet sour fish
for dinner, i made sweet sour fish with the recipe, once again, taken from
this book. and as always, the book will not disappoint you. but, hehehe...(ni nak puji diri ni, sila sediakan baldi or barf bag, okaaay) my roomate prefers my version of sweet sour fish, with pineapple and everything else.
the recipe is very simple and basically does not call for any additional veges, but i decided to add some capsicum...all three colours of it, some big onions (cut into rings) and some cucumber.
baiklah, puan-puan...let's get on to the recipe, shall we?
2 kerisi, i used medium sized silver pomfret
salt and turmeric powder.
(b) for the sauce
5 shallots, sliced
3 cloves garlic, sliced
½" ginger, sliced
5 tbs tomato sauce
3 tbs chilli sauce
2 red chillis, thinly cut
½ cup water
1 tomato, cut into 6
1 stalk eacho f spring onions and chinese celery
salt and sugar to taste
the how to:
1) coat the fish with turmeric powder and salt and fry till golden brown.
2) make sure the fish is equally cooked, then set aside.
3) heat the oil and saute the shallots, garlic and ginger.
4) once fragrant, add in the tomato and chilli sauces along with the water.
5) when the gravy has thickened, pour it on top of the fish.
6) garnish with spring onions and chinese celery.
luck luck you guys!
recipe source: 1 hari 1 resipi