aahhhhh....bread. *sigh* what can you say about bread that hasn't already been said... if i am a poet i would write and dedicate 10,000 poems and/or poetry about bread and bread alone. just bread.
my bread and i.
we make a wonderful couple.
just us two together...
fresh out of the oven (the bread, i mean...not me!)
okay, okay...i won't quit my day job and i'll stop. happy now?? cheh!
today i made basic butter rolls. i took the recipe from pook's blog - Dailydelicious. i tell you, this woman is something else. she is REALLY talented. my inspiration. as usual, the ever so nice Pook has made a pictorial in her blog, so you guys can go there for the pictorial. okay?
right, are we ready for the recipe? let's go!
300g bread flour
30g egg (lightly beaten)
the how to:
1) sprinkle yeast over water and let it rest for 10 minutes.
2) mix flour, sugar and salt together.
3) pour the egg, water and yeast mixture and butter into the bowl containing the flour mixture.
4) mix until everything is combined and it becomes a soft dough.*
5) take out off the bowl and knead until smooth.
6) put the dough into a lightly buttered bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rise until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
7) you can then shape the dough.
8) once done, cover the shaped dough with a damp cloth and let it rise, or becomes double in size. roughly about 30 minutes.
9) you can now preheat the oven to 180°C.
10)make the eggwash for the bread by mixing about 1 tbs of water with the remaining egg. brush it on top of each dough.
11)bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
12)once done, cool on a wire rack.
try it! you'll be hooked!!
* i cheated, i didn't knead the bread, because of my wrist. so, i used Giant instead. :-)
recipe source: http://dailydelicious.blogspot.com