Wednesday, January 26, 2011
pasta al pomodoro
you know what, asyik telan nasi dengan lauk je, sekali-sekala nak gak makan yang lain dari yang lain, right?
well, i for one LOVE pasta. i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE pasta. i can live with pasta and pasta only. haha...last ramadhan, narnee and i made THE BEST pasta ever. it was aglio olio. the recipe was really simple, taken from the net, but the taste...OH EM GEE! i still remember how it tastes like. we were so happy after the meal that we didn't want to eat anything else throughout the night. haaaa...amek ko! aneeways, today's recipe is not THAT pasta, but i took this recipe from the 500 series book. This book is called 500 Italian Dishes. Tuuu...macam kat gambar bawah tuuuu...
i made pasta al pomodoro for dinner. sekali-sekala tukar selera, tak salah, kan? here's the recipe for you guys to try.
1 medium-sized onion, chop finely
1 large stalk celery, tear away strings and chop finely (you can even add the leaves)
1 large carrot, wash, scrape and chop finely
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
450g (1lb) skinned and deseeded fresh tomatoes, or 400g (14oz) tinned tomatoes - i used tinned...sowwy.
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
450g (1lb) pasta of your choice - i used caserecce which looks like this.
okay, now for the how to
1) pour oil into a heavy-bottomed saucepan and add the chopped veges.
2) fry together very gently and slowly until the vegetables are soft and the onion is transparent. At this point, add the tomatoes and stir thoroughly.
3) cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
4) season with salt and pepper to taste. (if you wish to add herbs, do so at the end once the sauce is cooked through.)
5) bring a large pan of salted water to a rolling boil, add pasta and stir. cook until al dente then drain and return to pan. add the sauce, toss together and serve in a warmed serving dish or bowl or on individual warmed plates.
6) don't forget to grate your favorite cheese on top before you eat.
so? trylah! hehehe..
p/s: french bread dalam gambar kat atas tu, french bread yang mak temah buat okaaaay...only i 'magically' turned them into garlic bread. haha!
recipe source: 500 italian dishes
photo of caserecce taken from: http://www.shutterstock.com/