Saturday, January 29, 2011
ikan berlada, hmm
i usually like to follow new recipes exactly how it is. well, i did for this particular recipe.
all i can say is that, i think the kalamansi lime juice used, is not that suitable for this recipe. i'd rather change it to some good ole tamarind juice. but hey, maybe you guys should give it a try and lemme know how it turns out for you guys. yes?
okay, let's go directly to the recipe.
2 Scad/Selar fish - i used whatever is in the freezer, which is kerisi
1 big onion, cut into rings
5 kalamansi lime (for the juice)*
salt to taste
2 tsp turmeric powder
oil for frying
(b) ingredients to blend
6 red chillies
5 bird chillies (cili api)
3 cloves garlic
the how to:
1) once the fish is cleaned, coat with turmeric powder and salt.
2) fry till golden brown and slightly crispy then set aside.
3) leave a little of the oil used to fry the fish in the wok and saute the blended (b) ingredients till fragrant and cooked.
4) add in salt and the big onion rings, stir.
5) take the wok off the heat and pour in the kalamansi lime juice and stir a bit more.
6) pour the gravy on top of the fish.
7) bon apetite!
*as i mentioned earlier on, i really didn't like the taste of the kalamansi lime juice in this dish. somehow the acidity of the lime juice taste a little bit too 'wrong' for me. i would rather replace the lime juice with tamarind juice. i don't know, maybe that's just me. why don't you guys try it and get back to me, okay?
recipe source: 1 hari 1 resipi.