what better way than to start the new year with my first ever recipe blogpost. yelah, kata pun azam tahun baru ni nak memblog dengan lebih gigihnya, kan? so, here's one of my favorite recipes. sure hit punya kalau buat... (perasan kah?) hehehe... i got this recipe from here and here. one thing good about these two blogs ialah, resipi they all insyaAllah menjadi. so, lo and behold, my version of apam pelangi.
baiklah, apa kata kalau kita berkongsi resipi.
i didn't use the full recipe but instead i halved it. eh, ada ke perkataan 'halved'? lantokler labu.
okay, you will need these items:
1 tsp ovalette (better known as the egg stabiliser)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
150g castor sugar
125ml coconut milk (i used low fat milk)
1 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
food coloring (an excuse to go crazy, perhaps?)
1. beat egg, sugar and ovalette together on high speed till thick and fluffy.
2. next, add it the coconut milk and vanilla essence.
3. add in the flour that has been sifted (okay, i must admit, i didn't sift my flour - too much kerja) with the baking powder and salt, into the mixture.
4. divide the batter into three (or more, maybe?) parts and color them with your choice of colors.
5. put a dollop of each color one after another (i used an 8" round baking tin)
6. steam over medium heat for about 30-35 minutes or until done.
luck luck you guys!