Sunday, January 09, 2011
ikan asam tumis
it seems as if i've been cooking more instead of baking...rinduler pulowk.
today's recipe is called ikan asam tumis. again, taken from here. i think the taste is similar to the dish that my MIL once made. so, okaylah tu! kan? hehehe...
personally, i think this is one of the easiest dish that i've made. i also have the recipe book to thank because the instructions are not that many and pretty easy to follow. kenapalah masa aku muda-muda remaja dulu, masa tak reti masak dulu tu, takde orang nak kuarkan buku macam ni, kaaaan?
aneeways, here are the ingredients needed to make this super simple dish. ready? let's go!
2 slices/cuts (?) of spanish mackerel/tenggiri
1 cup tamarind juice
1/2 teaspoon tumeric powder
1 tomato (cut into 4)
salt to taste
(b) these should be thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic
1 green chilli
1 red chilli
1 big onion
the how to:
1. clean the fish thoroughly and coat with turmeric powder and salt.
2. deep fry the fish until it's cooked and set aside.
3. saute all the sliced ingredients (b) until shiny and fragrant.
4. add in the tamarind juice and the 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
5. once the gravy starts to boil, add in the fish and tomato.
6. add salt to taste.
haaaa...what did i tell you? easy, right? well, what are you guys waiting for? get to the kitchen already!!