this is one of my roomate's favorite fish dish. i'm just very happy because it's easy to prepare.
okay, for those of you who do not know what taucu is, hamboi...tak tahu ka? eksyennyaaa. haha!! taucu in english, according to abam wikipedia, is douchi...or chinese fermented black beans. fermented soya beans. they look like this:
please forgive the gambar above, because i took it from abam google. now, on to today's recipe, shall we? nak tengok gambar dulu ke...nak ingredients dulu? gambarlah dulu, ek? alright...
1 cut jenahak (golden snapper) - i used 2 pieces of kembung (indian mackerel)
½ cup taucu (douchi)
½ cup tamarind juice
1 small cucumber - cut
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp turmeric powder
(b)- to be sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic
2 red chillies
1 green chilli
1 big onion
the how to:
1) clean the fish and coat with turmeric powder and some salt. fry till golden brown and set aside.
2) leave a little bit of oil in the wok and saute the sliced shallots and garlic till fragrant.
3) add in the taucu, tamarind juice, sugar and let them simmer for a bit.
4) it's now time to add in the cucumber, the red and green chillies along with the big onion. incorporate all ingredients together.
5) once the sauce has somewhat thickened, take the wok off the heat and pour the sauce onto the fish.
luck luck you guys!!
taucu photo credit: abam google
recipe sourse: 1 hari 1 resipi