or chicken fried with lemongrass.
my, my...has it really been this long since my last post? tsk tsk tsk...well, i've been a bit tied up lately, but let it be known that i meant to write something here sooner. i haven't been too productive in the kitchen either...this is what happens when i come back from trips. i usually take a looooong time to get things started again. oh well...
today's recipe is quite an easy one (read: malas) but it's really tasty. i think it goes well with nasi lemak as well. why don't you give it a try? once again i got the recipe from this book, 1 hari 1 resipi.
cooking oil, for frying
3 cloves garlic*
6 stalks lemongrass*
5 birdeye chillies*
1" fresh turmeric*
salt to taste
(*these items are to be blended together.)
the how to:
1) cut the chicken in whatever way you like, i like cutting them in small bite size pieces.
2) marinate the chicken pieces with the blended items and with some salt, preferably for a minimum of 15 minutes or longer.
3) heat oil in wok and fry the chicken pieces till they are cooked.
4) be sure to place them on some paper towels for a bit to soak in the excess oil.
5) ready to be eaten with rice. :-)
see? i told ya...it's really, really easy and it would be a shame if you didn't go to the freezer right now to defrost you some chicken. haha!
come back again, okay? tata!!
recipe source: 1 hari 1 resipi by chef hanieliza