Thursday, October 31, 2013

yogurt chocolate chip cookies


it has been quite a long time since I last cookie-d anything. i haven't been cookie-ing for such a long time. hence the cookie-ness today. i can happily say that today, i cookie-d. hahahaha!! sorry...i have always wanted to do that. hahaha... so..i cookie-d.
 
okay okay okay...my hunt for eggless recipes continues. i bookmarked this recipe last week because i wanted to give it a go. it looked pretty interesting. replacing the egg with plain yogurt...I mean..who would've thought. and then also i was curious as to how these would taste. so, today, I decided to cookie this. haaaa...
 
ready for the recipe?
 
you will need:
110g brown sugar
100g white sugar
55g butter
50g shortening*
115g plain yogurt
2 tsps. vanilla extract
220g all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
335g semi sweet chocolate chips**

*I used all butter
** I used milk chocolate chips

the how to:
1)  pre heat oven at 190°C

2)  cream both sugars and butter til light and fluffy.

3)  next in goes the yogurt and vanilla extract.

4)  in a bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.

5)  incorporate the dry ingredients into the sugar + butter + yogurt + vanilla mixture just till combined.

6)  add in the chocolate chips.

7)  bake for 8-10 minutes.

 
i baked these...and...I love these...BUT, i would make a couple of changes to suit my personal taste. when I try out new recipes I usually follow the recipe exactly. so that as least I know how it will turn out to be and then decide on whether I need to make some changes or just stick to it.
 
so, adjustment number 1 is, I would reduce the amount of sugars used because the chocolate chips that I used are already sweet and they will contribute to the sweetness of these cookies.
 
adjustment number 2 would be, the baking time. I think I might want to increase the baking time to make these a bit more crunchier. texturewise, these cookies are a combination between soft and crunchy. while I LOVE soft cookies, unfortunately, not many Malaysian get the idea of soft cookies, most times, i would be asked if I had 'underbake' my cookies...or in their exact words 'biskut ni tak masak ke??' so...I would like to try to make these a tad crunchier.  tastewise, I like it. I like the tang from the plain yogurt, it gives you a different kind of taste than you normally would get from normal chocolate chip cookies.
 
there you go. really easy, really tasty. so...what are you waitin' for??? get cookie-ing!!!
 
thank you www.allrecipes.com for the recipe and if you want the imperial measurement for these cookies, you guys can go on over here.

No comments: