if you know me, then you will know how much i love bread. la la la la laaaaa! haha! today, i would like to share with you guys, the recipe that changed and started everything for me. before i tried this one out, i was always intimidated with everything concerning bread. the yeast, the kneading, the proofing...everythinglah! one day, i found this site, allrecipes.com and out of curiousity searched for the most rated easiest bread recipe. (that's how afraid i was with bread making).
anyhoo, i found this recipe called the unbelievable rolls...and the rest, as how the famous saying goes, is history!
*ehem* please excuse the irregular size (first time maaah) of the rolls and also the photo quality...this was taken in 2007, i think...waaaay before i had any interest in photography.
i think everyone who has had any kind of reservation about making bread, should at least give this recipe a try...because i guarantee that your opinion will change and bread making will take a whole new meaning for you.
nak recipe tak? okay, here it is:
100g white sugar
6g salt, about 1 tsp
20g active dry yeast, 5 tsp
625g all purpose flour
the how to:
1) in a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the milk, water, sugar and salt. remove from heat and mix in the eggs and the yeast.
2) measure flour into a large bowl. make a well into the flour and pour the milk mixture into it. do not stir. cover with a lid and let it stand for 20-30 minutes.
3) after that, pour melted margarine into flour and mix well. add more flour if too sticky. knead lightly. cover and let rise for 20-30 minutes.
4) shape the dough into rolls, and place on a baking sheet. let rise again for 20-30 minutes.
5) bake rolls in a preheated oven at 205°C (400°F) for 15 minutes or until done.
that's it folks...what are ya waitin' for?? get the yeast out!! :-)
recipe source: allrecipes.com