let's go back to where it all begins. this i-want-to-try-out-all-recipes-from-this-book frenzy. it's been quite a while since i last tried anything from this book, so, i guess it's only fair that i go back to it. yelah, takkan nak jadi kacang lupakan kulit pulowk ye dok? hehehe...
okay, okay, i know it is called daging sos tiram or beef in oyster sauce. you must be wondering why, is it sooooo black, yes? i think i must've overdone it a tad in the thick soy sauce department. my bad. but, the taste is reaaaaaallllyyyyy dandy. i like!
1 tbs thick soy sauce
4 tbs oyster sauce
1 cup water
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
5 button mushrooms, sliced thinly
1 red capsicum, cut in whatever way you like
1 green capsicum, same like above
3 tbs cooking oil, to be used to saute (b)
salt, if needed
(b) items to be sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic
1 big onion
the how to:
1) heat oil in wok and saute (b) till fragrant and shiny.
2) in goes the beef, cook till tender.
3) add in the button mushrooms, oyster sauce, thick soy sauce, pepper and water.
4) cook until the gravy starts to thickened. this is when you throw (hehehe) in the capsicum.
5) take wok off heat, ready to be eaten!
i like the taste of the gravy, i think the beef and the mushrooms and the oyster sauce compliments each other. next time, i might even add in some sliced celery. who know, eh?
okay you guys, i'm going to have my dinner now.
come back soon, aight?